Join Our Spa Team
Simply Massage was founded by a Licensed Massage Therapist with over 20 years’ experience. Simply Massage is not a franchise. We have been in business for 8 years and we are continuing to grow. We offer honest and straightforward pricing, not high-pressured sales. Our massage options are flexible and affordable, and we treat our members like family!
Our front desk receptionist is the first person a client sees when they enter our spa and the first voice they hear when they call. This position is very important to us because you give the first impression of our spa and represent it through your daily contact with our clients.
You Will Receive
Training in-house and continued support. A competitive salary. And the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people you meet each day. Also one free 60-minute massage per month, and the option to purchase a monthly membership for $49. (Discount of $10/month. You may share the paid membership with family members for no additional charge.)
We expect you to provide excellent customer service at every stage of the client experience. We also expect you to offer necessary staff support.
You must be able to:
• Arrive at least 15 minutes before we open on days when you work the morning shift. It is imperative that you are here in time to turn on lights, music, and let the clients, therapists and/or vendors into the building.
• Answer phone calls in a timely manner.
• Check voice mail frequently and return messages promptly.
• Check members and guests in and out for appointments.
• Accurately set and reschedule appointments. (Attention to detail is essential!)
• Greet members and guests upon arrival and make each one feel at home.
• Sell memberships and packages.
• Call inactive members and encourage them to schedule future appointments and/or renew packages.
• Maintain a professional, clean, and organized front desk, reception area, and therapy rooms.
• Understand our month-to-month membership and package options and be able to present the benefits of these with ease.
You must also:
• Have a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Be friendly and smile.
• Be flexible and accommodating to clients and staff – but not a pushover!
• Have an above average understanding of Massage Therapy and the health benefits it provides.
• Assist with all administrative tasks and other duties as assigned by management.
• Must be able to work some evenings and approximately 2 Saturdays per month.
• Must be a key holder trusted and available to open and close as needed.
• Must love sales. (We are not pushy or commission-based, but member acquisition and retention are extremely important to our business model.)
• Must be able to identify problems and solve them.
• Must be able to work efficiently and diligently without constant supervision.
• Must maintain a professional image at all times.
• Must be likable and have an outgoing, fun personality.
• Must be passionate about helping others.
• Must have a high school diploma.
• Must have previous sales experience; spa or salon experience preferred.
• Must have experience with scheduling software and concepts.
• Must have exceptional time-management skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and arrive at work on time – preferably 10 to 15 min early for all scheduled shifts.
This position will be approximately 25-30 hours per week. Starting pay is $10 per hour plus free monthly massage.